POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 3 : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 3: skin test Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:13:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 3: skin test
From: Janet
Date: 16 May 2007 21:10:01
Message: <web.464ba8e337a6b451a68ff9040@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> Yes, that is nice little trick. Interestingly, I have been playing with that
> idea a bit yesterday while thinking about the best way to make a kilt (my
> next step) or a skirt. I have also been looking at the tutorial manual of
> Poser which is very comprehensive.
> Now, one question for you as you use Blender:  On this site
> http://www.poserfashion.net/tutorials.htm there is a bit of explanation
> about the type of mesh that would be ideal for making clothes. The essence
> is that a mesh built up of triangles with different sizes is the best for
> crease simulation (examples are given from Maya, Stitch or Clothreyes). What
> about Blender? Meshes made in Wings or Silo are regular and creases may show
> up strange, but I am not sure about how Blender does this.
>
> Thomas
Thanks, I'll have to check out the tutorial manual.
You can triangulate quads in Blender easily. There are also some things you
can do to get the triangles more irregular. There may even be a Python
script for this somewhere. If I ever find one, I will let you know. I tried
some stuff in Blender and this is what I could get so far. If you want more
explanation on anything, just let me know.
Janet

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'clothmesh.gif' (102 KB)